Training & Institutes
Centre for Expressive Therapy
Marie-José Dhaese, Director
Center for Play Therapy
Garry Landreth, Director
Child Trauma Academy
Dr. Bruce Perry, Founder
Family Enhancement and Play Therapy Center Therapy
Rise VanFleet, Director
Grove Centre for Child and Family Therapy
Christopher Conley, Director
Northwest Center for Play Therapy Studies
Dr. Daniel Sweeney, Director
Play Therapy Supplies
Present your membership card and receive a discount at some of these suppliers.
BC Playthings: Figurines, sand and other play therapy supplies
Job Posting Advertisements
- Full-time, term position (37.5 hours per week)
- August 16, 2022 to June 2023 with a possibility of extension
This is an excellent opportunity to join the professional team of the Child Development Centre in beautiful Whitehorse, Yukon. Our growing team provides quality early intervention services to children from birth to 5 years of age throughout the Yukon. Our team of developmental therapists/play therapists work as part of a transdisciplinary team to provide assessment and therapeutic follow-up for children and their families in the areas of behavior and social and emotional development. For this position, we are specifically looking for someone that is working towards or has certification in Play Therapy.
- Relevant master’s degree (e.g. counselling, psychology, social work, occupational therapy)
- Certified or working towards certification in Play Therapy
- Experience working with young children with developmental needs and their families
- Knowledge of assessment and intervention strategies in the area of social-emotional and behavioural development
- Experience working in a cross-cultural setting
- Membership in national or regulatory body as appropriate
Salary and other information
- $39.35 – $47.87 hour depending on qualifications and experience.
- Occasional travel to rural communities is required.
- Relocation allowance of up to $2000 is available.
- Currently, COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of this position. This may change based on government mandates.
- This position is covered by the Public Service Alliance of Canada Collective Agreement.
Questions and closing date
Please address resume and further inquiries to:
Alayne Squair, Executive Director, Child Development Centre
Tel: (867) 456-8182 Fax: (867) 393-6374
email: [email protected]
Please reach out if you have any questions! You can also learn more about this position and the Child Development Centre at www.cdcyukon.ca.
Closing date: Until filled.