1. How do I become credentialed as a play therapist?
There are currently two credentialing options to play therapists in BC: British ColumbiaRegistered Play Therapist (BCRPT) through the British Columbia Play Therapy Association (BCPTA) or Certified Play Therapist (CPT) through the Canadian Association for Child and Play Therapy (CACPT). Credentialing requires completing specific requirements for play therapy training, supervision and clinical experience. Information regarding credentialing can be obtained by contacting the BCPTA or CAPT:
Web Site: www.bcplaytherapy.ca
Web Site: www.cacpt.com
If you are a member of a college, (Social Worker or Psychologist) they you could also get certified though the Association for Play Therapy (United States) as a Registered Play Therapist (RPT). Their contact information is:
Web Site: www.a4pt.org
2. Where can I find a credentialed Play Therapy Supervisor?
Visit Find a Therapist to locate a supervisor by region.
You can also obtain the names of BC Registered Play Therapist Supervisors (BCRPT-S), Registered Play Therapy Supervisors (ROT-S) or Certified Play Therapist Supervisors (CPT-S) from their respective websites (see above links).
3. How do I find a play therapist for my child?
Visit Find a Therapist to locate a therapist by region.
4. What is the cancellation policy for BCPTA events.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: To cancel your registration, please send us a cancellation notice via email at [email protected] no later than 2 weeks before the start of an event for a full refund less a $25.00 cancellation fee. No refund is issued if you cancel your registration within 2 weeks of the event.
- Please note that all payments received and/or processed on workshop day will be processed at manual registration rates.
- If you have any questions about the workshop, please contact us at email@example.com.