The British Columbia Play Therapy Association is a non-profit organization that relies upon the voluntary talents and dedication of our members to promote the status of play therapy in British Columbia.
Over the years, the BCPTA has organized numerous day workshops, evening workshops and supervision groups. We are very grateful to our local as well as international presenters who have shared their knowledge, insight and experience and have promoted play therapy learning in B.C.
BCPTA was founded in 1993 by a group of dedicated play therapists in the Vancouver area. BCPTA has grown to over 150 members.
The mission of the BCPTA is to advance play therapy in British Columbia by encouraging sound play therapy principles; promoting high standards of professional and ethical conduct; and nurturing the professional development of play therapists within a supportive association.
- To advance the discipline and professional practice of play therapy by:
- Conducting educational and professional meetings and conferences
- Liaising and collaborating with other professional organizations
- Providing a medium for support to professionals and students in the field of play therapy
- To advocate for the emotional well-being of children
The BCPTA Constitution
Read our constitution here.