- Two Day with Candy Smith
October 23, 2020 - October 24, 2020
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
BC Play Therapy Association holds workshops throughout the year to help advance the education of Play Therapy Practitioners and related professions. These usually revolve around a specialized speaker teaching a subject of importance to the advancement of play therapy as a therapeutic practice.
Day 1: Somatic Play Therapy 3.5 CEUs
Somatic Play Therapy is a 3.5 hour course that will explore the neuroscience behind what is happening in Play Therapy. We will learn principles of Somatic Experiencing that will help us understand the Child’s play through a Somatic Lens. You will also learn the importance of your own nervous system in the Play Room, and how to work effectively with the caregiver. We will play together virtually as we build our capacity for self regulation and help reorganize old patterns which are keeping our children (and maybe us) stuck. Come join us for some Somatic Fun and deepening of your understanding of Healing in Play Therapy
Describe the Basic ways to conceptualize what is happening in
the Play Therapy through a Somatic Lens.
• Identify what happens to our Brains when they are under threat.
• Explain and Demonstrate your brain under threat. (Your brain in
the Palm of your hand, Daniel Siegel)
• Describe the importance of Attachment and safety through the
neuro biological lens.
• Demonstrate how to educate parents on the brains part in their
children’s nervous system dysregulation.
• Understanding the 3 branches of the ANS, the Sympathetic, Para
Sympathetic and Social Nervous Systems and their role in the
Day 2: A Playful Approach to Aggression 3.5 CEU’s
ABOUT CANDY SMITH
Candy earned her Masters Degree in Marriage, Family and Child Counseling at California State University, Fullerton in 1993. She specializes in working with adults, children, adolescents, and their families and helps them with psychological overwhelm and trauma healing. She is a Registered Play Therapist, a Somatic Experiencing™ Practitioner and a Certified Yoga Instructor.
Candy Smith’s background helps her understand how Somatic Experiencing and Play Therapy enhance one another. She combines both therapies in her practice to help children and adults find their way through their individual traumas.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Play therapists, family therapists, psychologists, social workers, school counsellors, and other mental health professionals working with children, adolescents and families will benefit from this training. A basic understanding of play therapy would be be beneficial.
- To cancel your registration, please send us a cancellation notice via email at [email protected] no later than 2 weeks before the start of an event for a full refund less a $25.00 cancellation fee. No refund is issued if you cancel your registration within 2 weeks of the event.
- Please note that all payments received and/or processed on workshop day will be processed at manual registration rates.
- If you have any questions about the workshop, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.