- Presented by Madeline De Little, RTC, MTC, RCS, PhD
January 24, 2020 - January 25, 2020
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Light snacks will be provided at breaks. Lunch is on your own.
Madeleine De Little has been a student for ten years of ‘Transformational Systemic Therapy’ in Canada. She is currently the research chair of the Satir Institute of the Pacific. Her studies of the latest developments in neuroscience and transformational change have led her to develop a unique model of sand tray therapy and write a book, Where Words Can’t Reach – Neuroscience and the Satir Model in the Sand Tray 2nd Edition*.
Madeleine has been an elementary and high school counsellor for 32 years and continues to be a therapist in private practice and an international trainer in her model of sand tray work. The research for her Ph.D. focused on the personal and professional impact on student therapists of learning and practicing this model of sand tray therapy. Madeleine is a Master Therapeutic Counsellor and a Registered Clinical Supervisor.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP:
Participants will explore the neuroscience of safety, the neuroscience of the therapeutic relationship, the Transformational Systemic Therapy of Virginia Satir, and what this combination of approaches looks like in the sand tray, through theory, demonstrations and practice. The workshop will look at this model of sand tray therapy through the use of photographs and videos of actual sand tray sessions with adults and children and hands-on practice in triads. There will be a demonstration by Madeleine each day. This workshop will be sufficient for participants to continue learning with Madeleine, in a variety of workshops at her home in Fort Langley on how to transform anxiety, depression, trauma, shame and loss in the sand tray and how to work with specific populations of children using the sand tray.
Bring payment $45 in you wish to buy Madeleine’s book “Where Words Can’t Reach: Neuroscience and Satir in the Sand Tray 2nd Edition”.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Play therapists, family therapists, psychologists, social workers, school counsellors, and other mental health professionals working with children, adolescents and families will benefit from this training. A basic understanding of play therapy would be be beneficial.
- To cancel your registration, please send us a cancellation notice via email at [email protected] no later than 2 weeks before the start of an event for a full refund less a $25.00 cancellation fee. No refund is issued if you cancel your registration within 2 weeks of the event.
- Please note that all payments received and/or processed on workshop day will be processed at manual registration rates.
- If you have any questions about the workshop, please contact us at email@example.com.