The British Columbia Play Therapy Association (BCPTA) does not sell or distribute your personal information that we gather to any individual or organization. We use your information to:
- communicate upcoming events to you.
- distribute our newsletter to you.
- contact to you regarding upcoming meetings ie. annual general meeting.
- confirm registration to events or membership purchases.
- distribute handouts to events that you have signed up for.
- send you surveys and certificates after attending an event.
Participation in the BCPTA directories is voluntary and each member has the option to be listed in the directory. It is the members’ responsibility to insure that the information entered is accurate. It also the members’ responsibility to not submit or input information on our site they would not like the public to know, whether or not the information is entered as being for a specific viewing audience.
The BCPTA is committed to protect the personal information that you provide on our site. Everyone has a part to play is data security and privacy. We recommend that members not share passwords with others. We further ask that you log out of the BCPTA site and close the browser once you are done, especially when using a public computer. To further protect your information, please create a very secure password. A secure password has a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and special characters, for example, BcpTa!45yZ1@*dL9. The BCPTA does not keep passwords making it the member’s responsibility to keep a record of the password.